Reflective practice facilitation supervision is an individual or small group integrative experience that supports the service provider to reflect on his or her work. This includes: identifying the experiences, thoughts, and feelings involved in doing this work; considering the interplay of diversity issues including race, power, and privilege as these affect the provider and the families served; exploring ways to apply relevant theories and knowledge bases to clinical situations; upholding an appreciation of the importance of relationships at the core of infant-family and early childhood mental health; exploring possible approaches to working effectively with all infants and families.
Individuals who would benefit from the IC3-RPS may include those who are required to provide Reflective Supervision in service areas such as Head Start, Home Visiting, Early Intervention etc… but without endorsement and thorough IFECMH training.
This is http://alvinghamvillage.co.uk/wp-json/oembed/1.0/embed?url=http://alvinghamvillage.co.uk/two-churches/ not meant for individuals who are endorsed but rather for multidisciplinary practitioners, supervisors, and trainers who have demonstrated a http://ayurvedic-treatment.com/tag/science/ foundational level of experience in reflective practice and supervision and already use or are interested in expanding reflective practice and supervision in their community, agency, and program roles, but do not meet the endorsement criteria.
Interested applicants should view the Manual in International Certificate of Core Competency in Reflective Practice & Supervision update and use the directory below.
Advantages for the Acquisition of an International Certificate of Reflective Practice & Supervision
Acquiring an International Certificate of Reflective Practice and Supervision can provide the following:
- A formal and public way of validating one’s foundational level of expertise in reflective practice and supervision
- Inform and improve the quality of reflective practice and supervision in the state or local organization
- Identify the need for appropriate professional development focused on reflective practice and supervision.
- Serve as a mechanism to improve staff retention
- Professionals gain competence, validation, and recognition of their ability to provide reflective practice and supervision
- Agencies can be confident that they are hiring someone who has achieved a foundational level of accomplishment in reflective practice and supervision
Who Should Apply for the IC3RPS?
Multidisciplinary practitioners, supervisors, and trainers who already use or are interested in expanding reflective practice and supervision in their community, agency, and program roles will benefit from obtaining an International Certificate of Core Competency in Reflective Practice and Supervision. The IC3RPS is for Reflective Practice providers who are likely not doing direct service or are not interested in applying for the IFECMH Transdisciplinary Mental Health Practitioners or IFECMH Mental Health Specialist endorsements and RPF I/II or RPMentor. Applicants may work in settings which include:
- Head Start
- Early Head Start
- Early intervention
- Early childhood education
- Child welfare services
- Home Visiting
- Mental health
- Public health
Professionals who provide reflective practice and supervision to individuals working with infants, toddlers, young children, and their families are eligible to apply. These candidates will have knowledge of the service delivery system in which they operate and work within their scope of practice. They will have typically worked in their field for at least 2 years. Candidates must have received at least 12 hours of reflective support and feedback on their own provision of reflective practice and supervision to others. A fee of $350 (made payable to WestEd) is required upon submission of an application.
The following documents are required as part of the application process:
- Learning and Knowledge Outline: Candidates should highlight the training and workshops they attended or taught related to reflective practice and supervision. This must include a minimum of 12 hours directly related to reflective practice and supervision provision.
- Perspectives on Reflective Practice and Supervision: The candidates’ written reflections on reflective practice and supervision that should answer the questions: Why is reflective practice and supervision important to the field? How has reflective practice and supervision contributed to your professional growth? How do you anticipate that the reflective practice and supervision which you provide will contribute to the professional growth of others?
- Curriculum Vitae/ Resume that demonstrates their knowledge and direct services to children and families
- Diploma, degree, or license for the field of practice in which they are providing the reflective practice and supervision.
- Letter of Recommendation: A signed recommendation letter for the reflective practice and supervision certificate are typically from supervisors who mentored/trained the candidate and supported their reflective practice and supervision with others.
Upon submission of this application, candidates will receive:
- A survey link to share with the three contacts who can verify the reflective supervision they have provided.
- Vignettes from the California Center to which the candidate will respond within 3 days. Vignettes will be provided to applicants following submission of the IC3RPS application.
Scan copies of documentation and submit the required documentation through the California Center website application. Following completion of your application, submit the application fee of $350 via check or money order. Receipt of your application fee is required prior to submission to the panel review.
Contact the California Center to request an invoice for agency purchase requests if necessary. Request that your agency include your name in the check submission so we can reference your application.
Once your online application is received, you will receive a notification that your application is complete or a request for missing materials. Within two weeks of the final verification, a certificate and press release will be mailed that you can send to the local media announcing your certificate and its significance.
Follow this link or use the embedded form below to apply for the IC3RPS: