The endorsement process has three stages:
- Gather supporting documents
- Complete and submit the online application
As an applicant, familiarize yourself with the California Compendium of Training Guidelines, Personnel Competencies, and Professional Endorsement Criteria for Infant-Family and Early Childhood Mental Health, including the endorsement categories and resource example materials, in order to select your appropriate category of endorsement. Click here to download the Compendium.
A Reflective Practice Facilitator I applicant must be eligible or already endorsed as an Advanced Transdisciplinary Infant-Family and Early Childhood Mental Health Practitioner, or a Transdisciplinary Infant-Family and Early Childhood Mental Health Practitioner.
A Reflective Practice Facilitator II applicant must be eligible or already be endorsed as an Infant-Family and Early Childhood Mental Health Specialist.
Gather Supporting Documents
Reflective Practice Facilitators I and II are required to submit:
- A short personal statement of how you have met the competencies, including training, readings, DVD viewing, and hours mentored. (View statement guidelines.)
- At least one letter of recommendation from a person who provided you with reflective practice facilitation support/mentorship. The RPF letter of recommendation should be from a different person than the one who wrote the letter of recommendation for the IFECMH Specialist or Transdisciplinary IFECMH Practitioner endorsement. (View letter guidelines.)
- The names and contact information of three people who have received reflective practice facilitation from you. The California Center will contact these references to verify the length of time and quality of the reflective practice facilitation. (View email verification request.)
- Please note that after 2017, candidates for endorsement must have received reflective facilitation from California Center-endorsed Reflective Practice Facilitators. Hours accumulated prior to 2017 from supervisors/reflective practice facilitators can still be counted in the total number of hours to meet criteria.
Complete and Submit the Online Application
- Scan copies of documentation and submit with the application here.
- If you already have an IFECMH Specialist or Trandisciplinary IFECMH Practitioner endorsement, you may submit a supplemental application.
- Submit payment ($375 for your first application) and ($75 for the
supplemental application) via check or purchase order payable to WestEd at:
California Center for Infant-Family and Early Childhood Mental Health
WestEd Center for Prevention & Early Intervention
1000 G Street, 5th Floor
Sacramento, CA 95814
Within six weeks, we will send you either a final verification that your request for endorsement has been reviewed and accepted or a request for additional information. Within two weeks of final verification of your endorsement, we will send you a certificate noting the details of your endorsement.
The average time to complete the panel review is six weeks after the receipt of the required documents in the appropriate format and the fee payment.
- All documents must be in pdf format.
- Recommendation letters are typically from supervisors familiar with your direct service practice, who have provided reflective practice facilitation. If you used other resources for reflective practice facilitation support, we do accept additional letters.
- All recommendation letters must be on the letterhead of the person recommending the applicant, signed and must state recommendation for the specific category for which you seek endorsement.
- Please notify the three people whose contact information you provided that the California Center will send them an email requesting verification of the reflective practice facilitation you provided to them to support your direct service experience.
- Label all submitted documents with your name and endorsement category.
*At this time, we do not accept credit cards.