Infant-family and early childhood mental health services emphasize the importance of early caregiving relationships on brain development, attachment, and the regulation of emotions and behavior. Early infant mental health services can mitigate effects of risk and stress and help families develop buffers to reduce early adversity. For further information on infant-family and early childhood mental health view this video: https://developingchild.harvard.edu/science/deep-dives/mental-health/
An Infant-Family and Early Childhood Mental Health Endorsement Candidate status is being offered to support the development of individuals interested in building competency in the provision of Transdisciplinary Mental Health Practitioner (TMHP) services and Mental Health Specialist (MHS) services. By acknowledging the progress of qualified individuals in their journey and providing support to individuals seeking to become endorsed in California as either a TMHP or MHS, we hope to increase the qualified, multi-disciplinary workforce for infant-family and early childhood mental health services.
Infant-Family and Early Childhood Mental Health Endorsement Candidate Applicants provide services to the 0-5 population and their families and must:
- Submit certificates to demonstrate having completed at least 40 of the 120 hours of the knowledge area hours towards the Transdisciplinary Endorsement (link to page) OR 40 of the 260 hours towards the MHS (link to compendium page for criteria)
- Complete the demographic portion of the application
- Upload resume/ curriculum vitae
- Submit a $95 fee that can be applied towards the endorsement application fee.
Resources Available to Candidates
- Answers to frequently asked questions
- Quarterly webcalls on topics related to the endorsement application process
- Connections to training and reflective practice resources
- Milestone recommendations to record progress
- Email consultation regarding specific applicant inquiries
The candidate status is valid for a period of 5 years within which time the applicant needs to complete their endorsement application or request an extension of their application. Download the Candidate Fact Sheet